This is an exciting opportunity to join our public sector design studio, working on broad range of projects that make a difference to people’s lives.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about the written word with a keen eye for detail. You’ll be proofing and editing content for a wide range of clients across central government, working closely with our designers to ensure quality and consistency across deliverables.
If you have an interest in design and care about clear communication, this is the job for you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- checking text to ensure it is well written, logically structured and in the right style for the intended audience
- correcting spelling, grammar and punctuation
- editing text, making sure it is in line with the government style guide or the client’s house style
- checking facts
- checking photos and illustrations are correctly captioned
- ensuring work is delivered to schedule and budget
- liaising with the creative team and communications colleagues on content for campaigns
- building and maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships
- preparing quotes and schedules for client approval, liaising with design managers and the traffic team
- discussing work schedules and status knowledgeably and confidently
- raising queries with clients and/or writers
- supporting designers with copy for presentations and/or collateral and working as part of a creative team
Essential experience and personal skills:
- degree or other qualification in English or a related subject such as publishing, media or journalism, or equivalent practical on-the-job experience
- excellent written English, including correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- concentration, accuracy and the ability to work under pressure
- judgement in applying house style
- tact and diplomacy when negotiating changes with authors
- ability to maintain the author’s voice after editing
- good IT skills
- highly self-motivated with a polite, friendly and diplomatic manner
- proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail, deadlines and budget
- good commercial awareness to monitor cost effectiveness of in-house service delivery
- an interest in current affairs and public communication
Please include your CV and covering letter in your application.
Please also include examples of relevant written work that demonstrates why you’re suitable for the job.