We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity
Fixed Term for 12 months
This is an exciting opportunity to join Design102: a central government design studio working on projects that make a difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Junior Animator to produce engaging and visually striking animations and designs. With strong animation skills, and some studio experience, you will be happy to deliver animations across a broad range of briefs and animation styles. You’re motivated, ambitious, positive, and work as well independently as you do in a team.
If you have a strong passion for animation and design, a desire to learn, and a portfolio with a range of creative projects, this is the job for you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- assisting the project lead and senior animator at all stages of the design and animation process
- delivering engaging animation and design solutions for a range of client needs including: animations, storyboards, motion graphics, social media content, dynamic infographics and digital designs
- working with the video team producing graphics within film projects
- working with communication colleagues, clients and stakeholders to discuss the business objectives and requirements of every job
- working to agreed deadlines and budgets, adhering to brand guidelines and relevant industry design standards and accessibility guidelines
- delivering excellent customer service, seeking to understand clients’ priorities and constraints and providing clear and timely communications
- managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and keeping the client team updated on progress
- keeping the project management system up to date, logging time spent on each project
- presenting ideas and concepts, explaining clearly and confidently why the creative work is effective
- incorporating client feedback amending designs accordingly
- working effectively as part of a team with designers, copywriters, videographers, artworkers, the strategy team and the client team
Essential experience and personal skills:
- an eye for detail and a passion for motion graphics
- excellent knowledge of industry standard design applications – Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on After Effects, Premiere Pro and Illustrator
- qualification in a design or motion graphics-related subject or equivalent experience
- excellent typographic and animation skills
- creative flair, a strong visual sense and strong desire to learn
- an understanding of accessibility principles and guidelines
- awareness of emerging design trends and technologies
- liasing with clients and implementing feedback
- excellent communication and written skills, with the confidence to present and explain
- the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines with accuracy and speed
- enthusiasm and good teamwork skills
It’s an advantage if you have:
- skills in Cinema 4D, Adobe Character Animator and Adobe Audition
- experience with rigging and character animation
Your application should include your CV and covering letter.
Please also include, or provide a link to a short showreel and/or portfolio including examples of your work.