This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a busy and ambitious team, working in a unique environment on stimulating accounts that make a difference to people’s lives.
You will be assisting and supporting the videographer in all aspects of the video production process and photography, shooting and editing high quality engaging and creative footage, providing services across government.
You relish getting to know a client well and discovering their needs and offering creative solutions. You are ambitious for your clients but you know how to write a brief and when to challenge it. Occasionally you may have to travel to different locations and work non-standard office hours.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- being a vital supporting role in the production process from start to finish: conceptualising, co-ordinating, shooting and editing to final product delivery ensuring that the outputs meet client needs, quality and budget
- shooting and editing both studio and location footage including interviews, pieces to camera, promotional videos for campaigns and events
- determining what equipment is required and set up cameras, lighting and audio equipment
- shooting creative b-roll footage
- shooting and editing photography including portraits, groups, presentations and large events
- ensuring high quality video and photography is produced
- meeting clients along with the producer for briefings, making technical and creative recommendations and presenting ideas for approval or development
- building and maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships
- preparing schedules for client approval liaising with colleagues as necessary
- discussing work schedules and status knowledgeably and confidently
- managing multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail and deadlines
- keeping on top of industry trends
Essential experience and personal skills:
- degree (or equivalent) in media production, film production, performing arts or other related subject is preferred or equivalent practical on the job experience
- experience in digital video production with an understanding of budgets, production and timeframes
- experience in using video cameras to shoot footage as well as setting up equipment such as lighting, sound and backdrops
- knowledge in lighting techniques
- good video editing skills with experience of using creative software including Premiere Pro CC, After Effects and Photoshop
- working knowledge of DSLR cameras and lenses (Canon preferred)
- knowledge of the commercial trends in interactive media such as special effects, sound and animation
- demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
- an interest in current affairs
You may be required to travel to different locations and work non-standard office hours from time to time.
Your application should include your CV and cover letter.
Please also include, or provide a link to, a show reel including examples of your own work.